The main areas of research are on outer membrane vesicles (OMV) and polysaccharide conjugate vaccines against different pathogenic microorganisms. During the process development at bench scale, the cultivation (USP) and the purification (DSP) is investigated and optimized. After upscaling, the experimental vaccines are produced under cGMP to be tested in clinical studies. The department has state of the art equipment and together with our suppliers we develop innovative technologies to be tested in our processes.
We are looking for a scientist downstream processing who has experience with filtration, column chromatography and other separation and purification techniques for biologicals. As scientist DSP your tasks include the design and optimization of bacterial vaccine development at bench and pilot scale. With your input you have a great degree of influence on the design of the processes. Besides this you will contribute to the cGMP activities. You are a team player and are capable to solve complex topics.
Guiding a small research team and/or project leading activities can be part of the position.
Het profiel / Your profile
For the position of Scientist DSP we are looking for candidates with the following profile:
- You have a PhD degree in bioprocess technology or biotechnology;
- At least 3 years working experience in Downstream Processing (DSP);
- At least 3 years experience in process development of bacterial vaccines or similar products;
- Knowledge of complex biologicals, such as OMVs and VLPs or recombinant proteins;
- You have knowledge of Quality by Design, Process Analytical Technology and/or Design of Experiments;
- Experience with leading projects and with GMP is preferred;
- You are pro-active and have a scientific drive;
- You are a team player;
- You are fluent in English (and preferably Dutch);
Het aanbod / The offer
We offer you a responsible position within an innovative organization. You will get a contract directly at the company. The salary offered for this position depends on your background and experience.
Reactie / Reaction
Do you have any questions regarding this vacancy? Please do not hesitate to contact Patrick de Haan, +31 (0)88 - 890 0839.